Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Project: SCE Ink Script

Now that I've completed the 99-00 MVP SCE base set nearly two times over, I've come up with something to do with all of the duplicates I've got laying around. I've decided to call this project Ink Script. The name is derived from the Silver/Gold/Super Script project.

The idea actually came from one of my previous TTM successes, Patrik Stefan, which just happened to be one of the base cards from this set. The goal of this project would be to acquire a hard-signed copy of every base card, primarily through the mail.


To the best of my knowledge, I believe the only autograph I cannot pursue would be former Montreal Canadien Sergei Zholtok, who tragically died of heart failure while playing for HK Riga 2000 of the Belarusian Extraleague during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.

That said, I would need to come up with 216 autographs, as there are two checklists at the end of the set I won't need signed. It sounds like a lot to take on, but it's another long term project so it should be interesting nonetheless. The only downside to it would be the cost of postage and envelopes for over 200 TTM requests.

I've actually already got one request on it's way to Jeff Friesen, who was a member of the Sharks during the 1999-00 season. I have a few other duplicates on standby too, those should be on their way shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I checked my autographed cards, and do have a signed Zhotlok card...but it's from the 2000-01 MVP set. Right player, wrong set.

    ReplyDelete