Thursday, December 10, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to Card Boarded, a blog about hockey cards.

I'm 21 years old and have been collecting hockey cards for about 12 years now. As of right now, I would guess I have somewhere in the vicinity of 10,000 cards, both old and new, most of which are from 1990 on. My collection is not geared toward one team or another and I don't really collect any single player, build sets, or anything like that. I just love adding any new cards to my collection. There is noting better than the thrill of busting open a brand new box of cards and ripping through pack after pack. You never know what you'll get, and that's the fun of it.

Although I don't normally build sets, there is one in particular that has caught my eye and I've always wanted to complete it. This set would be Upper Deck's 1999-00 MVP Stanley Cup Edition Super Script parallels, each numbered out of 25. I don't know why I like them so much, but my ultimate goal would be to get them all, which I am sure is pretty much impossible. I only have four of them right now, and I know there are plenty more out there, they're just extremely hard to track down. I'll dub this the Super Script Quest.

With this blog I would like to share some of my personal favorites, experiences with collecting, the Super Script quest, and track any new additions to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment